Here’s a new twist for this year! The Inly Parents Group is hosting Sundaes & Stories, a social event for Inly families on Sunday, September 13, from 2-4 p.m. Connect and reconnect as you celebrate being back at school and:
- Hear familiar and new stories read aloud
- Create on-the-fly interpretations of story through craft, movement, or music
- Participate in a rock opera
- Enjoy some ice cream and togetherness as a community!
In addition to make-your-own sundaes, we have another special treat: local author Brian Lies will read from his Bat books!
Want to get involved?
We’d love to scoop up some volunteers to:
- Read pre-selected books aloud to groups of kids by level (some of our book choices so far include The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Pete’s a Pizza, The Red Lemon, How I Spent My Summer Vacation, When Dinosaurs Came with Everything, Guji Guji, Where the Wild Things Are, and more…)
- Lead story-related arts, crafts, and songs
- Create an arts-on-the-spot atmosphere by bringing your own instrument. Sit under a tree and strum your guitar!
- Set-up and/or clean-up
Please contact Sarah MacPherson to indicate your interest in being involved.
This year’s festival is FREE, open to Inly families only, and is a parent-led event presented by the Inly Parents Group. Please make it a family affair and keep an eye on your own kids, as this is not a drop-off event.
What did you read this summer?
Bring a book to drop in a swap basket, but make sure you take one with you!