You are invited to a Book Launch Party for Shelley Sommer, celebrating the publication of her newest title, Hammerin’
Hank Greenberg on Sunday, March 6, 2011, from 3:00–5:00 pm at Inly School.
- Shelley will read, and then sign books.
- Books will be available for sale from Buttonwood Books & Toys.
- Join in the fun: hot dogs, popcorn, baseball tickets, fun surprises.
- This event is free and open to the public. Parents, children, and baseball fans are welcome.
- RSVP by March 4 to Inly School at 781-545-5544 x456.
- Click for directions to Inly School.
A Review of Hammerin’ Hank Greenberg:
“Greenberg grew up in an Orthodox Jewish family in New York and went on to be a Hall-of-Fame first baseman and left fielder, playing most of his career with the Detroit Tigers. Along the way, he endured many anti-Semitic taunts from both fans and fellow players. When Jackie Robinson entered the league, he found a strong supporter in Greenberg.
Sommer presents a fast-moving, straightforward biography that takes Greenberg from his early days as an outstanding high-school athlete to his struggles to make it out of the minors and into the major leagues, to his service in World War II and his post-playing years as a baseball executive.
An excellent choice for kids who enjoy delving into baseball history.”— from Booklist
Hammerin’ Hank Greenberg
by Shelley Sommer
Black-and-white archival photographs
7.5 x 9.5 inches
Ages 10 and up
Hardcover with jacket